Tips to start eating Healthy
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
Pork sausage links were used in these yummy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos. They’re so incredibly easy too.
Just scramble some eggs, add some cheese and a breakfast sausage link (and some spinach if you want to incorporate a veggie), and then roll them up in a corn tortilla and bake them. I like to dip them in my favorite homemade salsa. Who can resist breakfast for dinner, am I right?!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
Warm the tortillas or wrap inside of a damp paper towel for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- 2 large carrots ~2 cups
- 2 red potatoes ~2 cups
- 1 small-medium zucchini ~2 and 1/3 cups
- 2 red peppers ~2 cups
- 1 head broccoli ~1 and 1/2 cups
- 16 ounces Smoked Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepperSpray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
The Paleo Diet is very popular and many people are doing it and seems very effective! In our Curvy Angels Fitness Group on facebook many of our members are currently doing it and they are losing weight and lots of fat in the process. The Paleo diet consists of eating meats, leafy greens, fish, nuts and more while avoiding foods such as dairy, processed foods , legumes and a few others. This is becoming a favorite for losing weight that’s why people continue the diet because its working. The good thing about it is that you don’t have to eat boring food, you can make it delicious with a variety of recipes. Start eating healthy today and Try the Paleo Diet for yourself.
One Pan Healthy Italian Sausage & VeggiesPrep Time 15 mins – Cook Time 30 mins – Total Time 45 mins
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (easy clean-up) and set aside.
Prep the veggies: *It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time*
Peel and very thinly slice the carrots. Wash and (if desired peel, we love the peel on) chop the red potatoes. You want the pieces quite small here. (I halve the potatoes and then cut each half into 10-12 pieces)
Halve the zucchini and then cut *thick* coins of zucchini. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt) with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to coat.
Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Serve on top of rice or quinoa if desired. (Also great plain!)
Health is wealth and taking care of your body is very important. The goal is to get fit Not Skinny and people confuse that all the time. One of my biggest problems that i struggled with was eating and over eating. I am a very emotional eater and as a plus size woman there are vary of things that factor this into my daily life. I hated it with a passion and because of the emotional eating i had gained alot of weight in the process.
My gym friend recommended the Garcinia Cambogia to me and im glad she did because things have changed for the better! Since using this my weight loss has been consistent and my cravings to eat is under better control. I feel better than ever and continue to use the Garcinia Cambogia because it’s giving me the results i want. I still continue to workout and my goal was to lose weight and be healthy and that’s exactly what i achieved. I cant wait until all my friends find out about this.
Garlic Steak and Potato Foil PacksPrep time Cook time Total timeJuicy and savory seasoned garlic steak and potato foil packs are the perfect baked or grilled 30 minute hearty, healthy meal. Author: Tiffany. Recipe type: Main Dish Cuisine: American Serves: 4Ingredients
- 2-2½ pounds top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 2½-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 pound bayellow potatoes. quartered (or halved if they are already less than 1 inch in size, see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme or parsley for topping (optional)
NotesBe sure to cut your steak into pieces that are at least 2×2 inches, and potatoes into pieces smaller than one inch. This ensures even cooking.
- In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and seasonings and toss to combine.
- Divide steak and potatoes between four 12×12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until steak and potatoes are cooked through OR bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness (see note).
- **If you prefer a char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for a couple minutes directly on the grill, or for baking you can switch oven to broil for a few minutes (with packets opened).
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately.
**For medium doneness on the steak, boil the potatoes first for five minutes before adding to the bowl and proceeding with the rest of the recipe. This will help them to cook faster once in the foil pack.